An unofficial (and quite unauthorized) Armed Services tradition is the venerable 'Leave Beard.' Pretty basic concept - since you have to be clean-shaven every day at work, folks get tired of shaving every day. So, when you are on leave (vacation for you civilian types who have no idea as to what I am referring) you grow a beard. I took about two weeks of leave, and therefore grew a nice little 2-week beard. I also neglected to take 'before' and 'after' photos, so I thought about doing both photos at the same time! If only I could go to work like this...
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Goodbye, Leave Beard!
An unofficial (and quite unauthorized) Armed Services tradition is the venerable 'Leave Beard.' Pretty basic concept - since you have to be clean-shaven every day at work, folks get tired of shaving every day. So, when you are on leave (vacation for you civilian types who have no idea as to what I am referring) you grow a beard. I took about two weeks of leave, and therefore grew a nice little 2-week beard. I also neglected to take 'before' and 'after' photos, so I thought about doing both photos at the same time! If only I could go to work like this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment