Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn Leaves






Being surrounded by Aspen and Paper Birch trees, our yard (and roof and gutters) becomes the target of many falling leaves. This Autumn, the kids have enjoyed raking the leaves into piles, and partaken in the classic American childhood pursuit of jumping into said piles.
The kids did a great job of raking up pretty much every leaf on the lawn one evening, but neglected to bag them up. The next morning, the resident leaf sprites had obviously visited our home, as the leaves were again spread out over the entire yard. I decided to break out the ol' leaf blower to help them out. We then moved the leaves into a couple of central piles to jump into.
After the leaf raking was more or less complete, I fired up the mower to give the grass one last haircut. Hannah was most helpful in decorating the mower and I with leaves.

No comments: