Today I say goodbye to the cell that has incarcerated me for most of the last seven weeks! I have been attending the Aviation Maintenance Manager's and Aviation Maintenance Leader's courses at Fort Rucker, Alabama. One of the joys of this class, aside from spending all this time away from my family, is the privilege of living in quarters that measure 11 1/2 feet x 13 feet. Packed into this huge space is a bathroom, "kitchen" sink, mini-fridge, gas range, and microwave. I absolutely loved the bathroom, especially the shower. It is awesome when the shower head comes out of the wall at neck level (on the plus side, however, I don't have a lot of hair to shampoo...).
After the first week, I even got a roommate, Gary, who took up a bit more space. Fortunately, he doesn't eat anything, doesn't snore, and doesn't use my clothes or toothpaste. He is a lot of fun to get around with, though. I was able to spend some quality time cruising around the streets and trails, trying to get back into shape.
I am heading back to Savannah today, where I will get to spend almost three weeks (parole?) with Christi and the kids before I go back to the flight portion of the Maintenance Test Pilot course.
(By the way... for those of you who missed it, 'Gary' is my bike - A Gary Fisher 'Wahoo.')
1 comment:
Don't get too comfortable...I hear that the roommates in this next section of school are notarious toothpaste theives! Keep that shower shoe handy.
Post a Comment