After leaving Fort Rucker, I picked up my dad up in Montgomery (AL), as he flew down from Colorado just to share the drive with me. Pretty cool, huh? Well, inspite of meeting several ... interesting ... people (such as the 'test pilot who flew the Raptor back in the mid 60s and the modern hippie from Oregon), we made pretty good time to Colorado, arriving at about 4 pm on Sunday. Christi and the kids were still in CO, so I got to hang out with them for a couple of days before sending them off to LA to visit more family.
Today, my dad and I went up the Cache la Poudre river to go rafting. It was an all day trip, causing muscles to be sore that I never even knew existed. The river was very high, almost 2 feet higher than normal this time of year, with the flow nearly doubled. The water was amazingly cold, every splash was like a bucket of cold water to the face. Keeps a person awake and alert, even after a big, delicious lunch. This trip was an absolute blast. Neither dad nor I fell in (became swimmers in rafter lingo), but we did 'lose' one passenger from our raft. There were two people of the female persuasion on our raft that should have done more paddling and less jabbering, and one of the two (the quieter one) did an excellent impression of an ejector seat. I managed to get hit in the face with a paddle from another raft, but managed to keep both eyes and all of my teeth. I was actually glad to be wearing the helmet at that point.
I will cut this short, as I must go and submerge myself in the hot tub so I can actually move tomorrow.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment