Sunday, March 21, 2010

Anchorage Trip #2




Well, we all piled into the ol' GMC Yukon on Thursday morning, and hit the Parks Highway to Anchorage. An absolutely beautiful drive. Mt. McKinley was clear as day in all of its majesty. Road condition was pretty darn good, hardly any snow or ice on the road until we pulled into The Big City.
We went to the museum, where the exhibit The Science of Star Wars was on display. I think that everybody had a good time, but I was quite honestly more interested in all the way cool stuff than I was in watching the kids... (ok, ok, so I might be a bad parent - don't judge me until you get into the exhibit!) we went in with 4 kids, and came out with 4 kids, and I think they are the same 4 kids. There were hands-on activities for the kids (and adults) to drive a real hovering landspeeder, using magnetic levitation to create your own Lego landspeeder, build your own droid, as well as other interactive displays with advanced in biotechnology, how droids actually see and walk, and a ton of other really cool things. Of course, I was in heaven.
There were several of the original models used to shoot the movies on display, costumes, props, and the lightsabers. Those, along with the full Darth Vader outfit, almost made me consider a life of crime... Fortunately Christi does a great job keeping me on the straight and narrow.

2 comments:

jeanette said...

Wow Christi...keeping Brian honest in that exhibit was probably harder than potty training all of the kids!

eclw said...

Funny that you had to go all the way to Alaska to see the exhibit of a lifetime for a Star Wars addict/aficionado!