Last night, Allison's church group, Faith in God for Girls (I call them the FIGGs), hosted a Daddy-Daughter Date in luau fashion. Each "couple" brought an item to eat, and we played several games. Allison had to apply shaving cream to my face and shave me (with a tongue depressor - fortunately there were no real razors involved!), then tie a necktie around my neck. I had to put her hair in a ponytail, and then paint her fingernails with a pink nail polish. Fortunately for me, Allison is not into nail polish at this time, so we skipped out on the polish part! After the shaving/tie/hair extravaganza, we all did the Limbo to some Hawai'ian tunes, and then played "Pick Your Daughter's Toes (not really what it sounds like, I promise...)
Several weeks earlier, the FIGGs leaders took photos of each girl's bare feet, and we had to identify our kid by only looking at her feet from just above the ankles to the tips of her toes. That was actually quite a bit harder than one might think it would be. I realized that I don't really pay all that close attention to what Allison's feet look like when I'm not checking them for frostbite or putting a band-aid on her toe! Hopefully more photos will follow, I only got good pictures of Allison in her hula outfit and standing by Allison and standing by the Volcano cake that we made and decorated together.
1 comment:
Great planning on the part of the FIGG leaders not to use real razors, but did they think about splinters?
Post a Comment