Tuesday, December 2, 2008

After


Okay, so the dive trip wasn't all roses. Christi had been feeling poorly ever since we left Key Largo. I thought it might have been a 'sea-sick hangover,' but it was apparently something a little more serious. Long story short, we ended up in the local Urgent One center the morning after Thanksgiving, followed by the emergency room at Winn Army Community Hospital that night. Winn was unable to properly test and diagnose Christi's condition, so they transferred her by ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Savannah. She entered the hyperbaric chamber at about 5 am on Saturday morning, for a five-hour trip down to 2.8 fathoms. This was the first of six treatments in the chamber, with the other five for two-hour blocks. We are very grateful to the members of the Church that were so quick to jump in and volunteer to watch over our four carpet commandos during the time that Christi and I were gone for her treatments. We literally could not have managed this without your support!
Anyway, Christi is now done with the hyperbaric chamber, working on the follow-up visits with related professionals, such as the ear-nose-and-throat doctor. An added benefit is the extra time I get off of work since she is not permitted to drive a motor vehicle...

1 comment:

jeanette said...

Holy cow! I had NO idea!!! I am so sorry!!!!! If only I could have stayed for a while longer! Christi--feel better soon! I will treat you to the sopapillas at Casa Bonita (the only edible thing).