Saturday, March 28, 2009

Don't Eat the Fish!

I am currently down in Lower Alabama, attending the Maintenance Leadership/Manager Courses. There are several smaller towns surrounding Fort Rucker, one of which is named Enterprise. My friend Chris (who is attending the Army Safety Officer Course) and I went to a 'country dining experience' - a restaurant named Po Folks. There was a branch of this restaurant in Greeley when I was growing up, and I remember going there once with the family after a skiing trip. One of the features of this place is that drinks are served from Mason jars in lieu of glasses. Anyway, as we walked in, the advertised special of the day was a breaded Grouper fillet. I quite enjoy fish, and decided to order said Grouper. Apparently, the Grouper took offense at being caught, killed, breaded and cooked, as it attacked me later that night. I was in the grips of a wicked food poisoning for most of the night. Nothing quite like taking a test on (1) no sleep, and (2) an empty stomach. I was, quite honestly, not even remotely interested in eating anything that morning! Then, I had a wonderful 5 1/2 or 6-hour drive back from Alabama to my home in Georgia for the weekend. Oh, the joy!

No comments: