Today I headed out from our main airfield out to an outlying airfield where our company has stationed several of our aircraft. There has been a couple of personnel issues out at this FOB (Forward Operating Base), to make a rather long story short, there were two aircraft that needed a maintenance test flight, and I was the one to fly out there and take care of business. Kind of flattering, actually.
I flew in the back of one of the National Guard birds, as a passenger, not a crewmember. We actually ended up picking up a LOT of cargo and extra passengers, so I volunteered to ride on the ramp with the gunner. This was an amazingly huge amount of fun, even though there was quite a bit of work involved. It is one thing to be flying the beast, another thing entirely to be sitting on the back of the aircraft, with my feet dangling 1,000 feet above the ground!
Some of the FOBs that we service look like a fort out of an old Western movie - or the historical one outside of Platteville.
1 comment:
My feet and hands are sweating just looking at the photo!
Post a Comment