Yes, Wolverine is no longer just a high school mascot from an 80s movie about Soviet-occupied Colorado; nor is it only a comic book/movie hero. I am currently living at a place called FOB Wolverine. We live at 6,300 feet above sea level (and yes, I can definitely tell!) in a rather small area. I have been very busy over the last few days with test flights up here, knocking out aircraft problems left and right! I only had a day and a half back at Kandahar between my time here at Wolverine.
I have not found too many downsides to this place yet, although some of my laundry was not complete down at Kandahar before I had to leave this morning. Sooooo, I am short a couple pairs of clean clothes, shorts, etc... The dining facilities are better here, and I don't have to take a bus anywhere. Matter of fact, I can walk just about anywhere on this FOB within a matter of minutes. Much simpler living, but I have come about as close to enjoying my time here as it is possible to do during a deployment.
Our entire detachment lives
3 comments:
Wow...it even LOOKS hot! Does it smell like plywood?
actually, if I had to label a certain smell for these living quarters, I would label it:
"eau de smelly dude"
The bunks remind me of the ones we had at station one before they made cubicles!
Post a Comment