Just so you know, this is an Atlantic Sharpnose shark, about 3 feet long that I caught, all by myself! This is actually quite an accomplishment, as I have never caught a fish that was not either at a fish farm, or from an overstocked lake/pond. I have been on multiple fishing trips where the host has guaranteed beyond any reasonable doubt that we would catch fish, only to have my hopes crushed like one of Nettie's false memories. I think the trick is to ditch work and offer the Great Water Gods a sacrifice (my favorite University of Florida hat did nicely on this trip). We ended up catching about a million black sea bass, three sharks (all about the same length), two triggerfish, a Spanish Mackerel, three red snappers, and several fish that were too short to keep. These too-short specimens became bait fish for the sharks and the other 'keepers.'
Just to clarify, I did not just throw this shark in the water to take a picture, s/he was just resting before becoming rather cranky. Apparantly sharks are not very keen on the idea of being removed from the ocean to become dinner. Who would have thought?
1 comment:
"like one of Nettie's false memories?!" I have explained my theory about the memories of youngest children over and over....our brains are solidyfying at different times than the other siblings, so sometimes we may recollect different things than other siblings, whose brains are already lazy and atrophied from old age. DO don't judge my false memories on YOUR neurons' lack of connectivity! Sheesh.
Post a Comment