Last night we stayed at Liard Hot Springs, at a very cute little log cabin/hotel. The hot springs ranged from 108 to 126 degrees F. It was pretty slick, the temperature increased gradually as you move toward the source, which was literally boiling as it came out of the sand/rocks. Both Christi and I looked like boiled lobsters when we were done!
Unfortunately, the ...quaint... hotel bed was not all it was cracked up to be. Not comfy at all, and the sheet set was too small to stay on the bed. The plus side is that we were able to get an early start, and arrived here at Whitehourse several hours prior to our anticipated time, no thanks to the bison.
Yes, the bison tried to prevent us from getting here. Not long after we left Liard, we found a bison blockade (see picture) across the entire highway. What do you do when there is a herd of 1-ton bison in your way? Well, you wait. And you wait. And you wait, until they decide to move. And then you drive by them really quickly, so they don't decide to change their mind.
We have really enjoyed the drive thus far, and have seen an amazing variety of terrain, from rocky (almost desert) mountains to lush green plains. It is a hard balance to maintain, taking pictures or driving. I have to admit, while Christi was driving, there were some pictures taken as I was standing through the sun roof of the truck. Don't tell Dad or the kids!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you saw the bison! Amzaing aren't they?! I didn't realize you were just the two of you! What a fantastic trip to enjoy together. Maybe we would have made the hot springs trip without the kids. Sounds fun.
You know dad READS your blog, right? So I won't tell, but he might find out about your sunroof adventures.
Post a Comment