Sunday, July 19, 2009

Prolonged Absencs






Ok, after much negative feedback from my many fans (fans? really? somebody is letting fame go to his head), I have fired up the ol' laptop once again to appease the masses.
Christi and I put an offer on a house up here in the city of North Pole, and the offer was accepted by the sellers! It seems to be a good deal for all - the sellers are satisfied, we are satisfied, and the real estate agent is satisfied. We are still living in Army Lodging up here at Ft. Wainwright, waiting for all of the necessary inspections and appraisals to be completed on the house. The final appraisal will be completed on Tuesday, and we just sent our response to the Engineer's Report back to the agent so the sellers can rectify the few problems that the engineer found. There are some of the photos from the realtor's website so you, my faithful reader, can get an idea of what the house looks like. We saw the house before we saw the pictures, and were a bit disappointed with the photos, as the house was occupied when they were taken. It looks occupied, unlike when we have seen it. Oh, well. I will post photos that we take when they are taken.
The kids fly up from Washington State on Saturday night, so we are kind of running out of time as far as getting settled up here goes. Our original plan was to be closed, moved in, and ready for the kids to occupy their rooms, resulting in a minimum of hotel stay and stress for everyone involved. Now we are just hoping to be able to have the keys to the new house by the time the kids get here. We shall see how this shakes out.

2 comments:

jeanette said...

Brian, this is your faithful fan. I am very glad that you FINALLY posted something so I don't have to go to bed every night wondering how things are going up in Fairbanks. I know it is selfish of me to want to know what's going on so I can ask Heavenly Father to help you in specific ways but hopefully you can forgive me for that. I am super excited for you guys and I am looking forward to visiting! By the way this is Marty......I'm using Nettie's computer.

J. Porters said...

The house looks great! It sounds like all is falling into place.