Tuesday, July 7, 2009

House Hunting

Well, today was one of the longest days in history. Not because there were more hours in the day, and not because there are still about 23 hours of daylight up here, but because we went house hunting! Holy smokes! I think this is why the older generations have stayed in a single house for most of their adult life - they were smart enough to stay away from the endless parade of homes for sale.
We viewed literally 15 houses today, walked what seemed like 30 miles, and got a roadside/neighborhood tour of Fairbanks and North Pole today. The good news is that we have narrowed the field down to a maximum of five houses, two of which will end up being the finalists.
Tomorrow we hit the bank (no, not to rob it) to get the loan straightened out, and view our favorite houses again!

3 comments:

Michigan Roys said...

Oh good luck. I like house hunting but now when I actually have to buy one to live in because that always made me nervous. Now you are in places I have never been and sort a wish we had made the trip just to see what it was like. I'll enjoy seeing it through your pictures :-)

J. Porters said...

Good luck! I liked house hunting until it came down to making THE decision!

Anna M said...

Best wishes; I'm sure you'll find something great.