Sunday, December 6, 2009

Conclusion of Christmas Lights Adventure


I finally finished the lights on the house when my parents were here from the Lower 48. I again belayed myself and climbed up the roof, successfully connecting two strands of lights and removing the lights that did not work properly. I managed to NOT fall off the roof, just ended up covered in snow from a few little slips and slides while climbing my snow-covered death-trap of a roof.
After ensuring that the setup was fully functional, my dad and I untied the climbing ropes and removed them from atop the roof.
The next day, when I plugged the lights in at dusk (about 3:20 p.m. or so), the only lights to illuminate were the white icicle lights. Kinda makes a guy see red. Anyway, I have to concede defeat, as it is now crazily icy, so the lights will be victorious until about May or so.
Final score:
House lights: 3
Brian: 2
Maybe next year...

No comments: