Here in the town of North Pole, Alaska, there is a shop called The Santa Claus House (We'll call it TSCH to help me avoid carpal tunnel by typing the entire name each time). Outside of TSCH there is a statue of the Big Guy In Red that stands literally 60 feet tall. When you are driving down the highway, this doesn't seem so bad, but when you actually stop at the TSCH, the statue's facial expression is downright creepy. I hope these pictures can convey the creepiness...
Coincidentally, not long after taking photos near said statue, the song "Santa Claus is coming to town" came on the radio. Thinking of the monstrous Santa monument, I began to wonder if the jolly old elf is really a scary, creepy stalker in a dirty-old-man kind of way. I mean really... "He sees you when you're sleeping" and "He knows when you're awake, He knows if you've been bad or good..." The song even warns you at the beginning that "you better watch out."
Just some food for thought during this Christmas season...
2 comments:
Really dad. A stalker that delivers gifts to all good children out of the goodness of his heart.
Great minds think alike, because I have often thought of the creepiness of some aspects of the Santa concept in the context of modern society. ?The Law and Order SVU team would have a field day. An old man in disguise that enters the house in the middle of the noght, and encourages children to sit on his lap.
Post a Comment